Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spreading the word
Lightbulb 
Hey,
i recently had a mail-conversation with someone that found our github repository.
At one point he made a very good statement, that made me think.
And i believe, even more now, after the tragic incident with Valshaaran/Alasdair, for all that he put into this project it doesn't deserve to be slowly forgotten.
I already posted about it on reddit and a few lines on mmorpg.com.
And we really should have done that earlier.
I you are part of any other online community that you think could take interest in our project, spread the word.
I still won't have time myself to work on it until i finished my last semester, but that makes it even more important to bring in more people.
I'm sure, in the same way that i found you and Alasdair found us, there must be others that just don't know about us yet.
Share something, repost it, enable the internet to find us.

Edit: And merry christmas to all of you, btw :-)
That is a great idea!

Just to get a better understanding, though, what kind of help is required at the moment? Does it take coding skills to contribute? Or is an understanding of UE and some dedication enough?
I'd like to know that for myself too. I'd certainly like to do something. Just not sure what.

Cheers,
And merry Christmas to you too.
One of the main challenges is understanding the game's system, as in how for example the spells/skills tie into the stats, where do they trigger actions how are they linked to the ai drivers etc.
Those are things that i think can be understood if one studied the sdk thoroughly enough and has atleast a bit of general knowledge about programming and/or software design patterns and the unreal engine.
The other part is actually designing our code, so more professional grade knowledge to correctly scale and design its systems.
Hello everyone, long time, no see.

Is there a test server running? I remember someone keeping a server up many months ago, there were no NPCs, but I could visit all areas. Or even better, are there any instructions on how to get my own server up and running?

Cheers!
All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism - it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. - Conan O'Brien

Totally missed this post...
To answer your question Zugu, afaik there is no test server running.
If you know a bit of Unity and mysql/phpmyadmin, you should be able to run the code which is on github, but I don't think there is currently a clean documentation about it!
Would be something cool to do, though.

Edit: link to the github repo => https://github.com/TCoS-Rebirth/TCoSReborn
The testserver from Slink is still running afaik.
What lies hidden. must be found

TCoS Gameplay Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

Can anyone share the client? Links I found aren't working. Also, what is the IP?

Thanks.
All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism - it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. - Conan O'Brien

Follow this guide: https://www.spellborn.org/thread-2.html

The download-links should still work.
What lies hidden. must be found

TCoS Gameplay Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

Thanks!

Thank you all for doing this. It is just wonderful to be able to log into a server and to walk around and to hear that music again!